- ‘Tis the gift to be simple, ’tis the gift to be free,
- ‘Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
- And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
- ‘Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
- When true simplicity is gain’d,
- To bow and bend we shan’t be asham’d,
- To turn, turn will be our delight,
- Till by turning, turning we come round right.
- “Simple Gifts” written by Elder Joseph while he was at the Shaker community in Maine.
GIFT #1: I LOVE mail, especially when it contains something lovely from a friend. Thank you Melissa for my new cowl, its beautiful and one of my favorite colors. We still have snow here believe it or not, so it will be perfect as we transition these next few weeks. I walked in the sun today to pick up my kindergartener from school. Yea!
GIFT #2: A successful first bisque fire in my new (to me) kiln. I am excited about all these new book covers, mugs and other goodies. I foresee a weekend of brushes and glaze…
GIFT #3: Snow melting enough to see signs of spring … daffodils, tulips, iris and hellebore were all spotted today in my garden. The herb bed is still completely covered in over a foot of snow. It is amazing to me that we go straight from winter to full on spring. The earth is just as ready as we are for the warmth.