Aaah I am getting behind, I think I am actually going to be relieved when I reach the end of the year and the goal! Luckily I have a few parties coming up where I can whip up a few batches of ice cream to take a long – there are some great holiday flavors! My girls have declared this their favorite which truthfully they have said about many thus far. What lucky kids, I should make a vegetable goal next year!mocha brownie ice cream 3/4 cup sugar 2 large eggs 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder 1 starbucks VIA italian decaf packet one pint whipping cream 1 cup 1% milk 1 cup fudge brownie chunks (better homes and garden – recipe below)
1. Using a large whisk, beat eggs and sugar together. Whisk in cocoa powder and instant coffee packet. Slowly incorporate whipping cream and milk. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufactures directions.
2. The last two minutes of churning in the maker, add the brownie chunks. I pre-froze my brownie bits in the freezer for a couple of hours ahead of time.
3. Remove from maker and put in a freezable container. Continue to harden in the freezer 3-4 hours before serving. YUM – enjoy!Fudge Brownies (from a really old better homes and gardens cookbook) 1/2 cup butter 2 oz unsweetened chocolate 2 eggs 1 cup sugar 1 tsp vanilla 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. grease an 8x8x2 baking pan; set aside. In a medium saucepan melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, beat lightly just till combined. Stir in flour and nuts.
2. Spread batter in prepared baking pan. Bake in a 350′ oven for 30 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Makes 24 cut bars.