a – “babe, can you just make a normal ice cream flavor this week?”
me – “you mean one like coffee or chocolate or with nuts?”
So this one is for my love who has “endured” all my crazy flavors and is a combination of all his favorite things… coffee, chocolate and nuts! I added a few extra steps to my recipe, just for fun!
” I love my husband & sunny summer saturday mornings” Mocha Java Chip Ice Cream with walnuts
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
4 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Starbucks via packets (I used colombian)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cups finely chopped walnuts
1. whisk eggs in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, add the sugar and mix until blended.
2. Add milk, whipping cream, cocoa powder and instant coffee (Starbucks VIA packets are really worth it!)
3. Churn in your ice cream maker following manufactures instructions.
4. The last two minutes add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Remove from maker and transfer to a freezer container. Continue to freeze until hardened.
6. Throw a mug on the potters wheel. Hand pull the handle and join. Fire in the kiln.
7. Glaze mug, fire in the kiln again.
8. Paint silk scarf for back drop. Iron to set colors.
9. Scoop homemade ice cream into homemade mug, place on hand-painted backdrop. Take Picture.
10. Sit at the kitchen counter on a sunny saturday morning, eating ice cream, listening to good music on the ipod, and post on your silly blog!